Sunday, September 7, 2008

Staying Hydrated

I bought an aluminum water bottle this summer. It's dark green and has a First Nations wolf design on it. It's coated with something, by the way, that renders it safe to drink from; a stainless steel bottle would have been smaller and more expensive.

I got back to school to find that, along with my training schedule and welcome note, my RD had left me a plastic, BPA-free water bottle. Okay, I thought; great, now I can stay even more hydrated.

Yesterday I participated in Day to Make a Difference, a morning of volunteering. In past years they've given out t-shirts. This year they gave us - you guessed it - water bottles. Now, admittedly, I was very glad to have said water bottle after an hour and a half of trimming bushes with a heavy power tool in hot, sunny, and humid weather. That said, three water bottles is really more than I need.

Turns out that all of the RDs were also given stainless steel bottles to hand out to the first-years and, yes, res staff. A lot of them had yet to be handed out, due to a mix-up in delivery (or... something), but yesterday I ran into my RD and hey! Presto. Another water bottle.

So now I have four water bottles. Clearly there is no excuse for getting dehydrated this year.

No comments: