Saturday, February 9, 2008

Overcommitment

I'm overcommitted again.

This isn't anything new, and it certainly doesn't come as a surprise, but it's a little bit ridiculous. I just plotted out the next two weeks of my life and, hmm, I'm not sure I'll have time to do my reading. Between class and P.E., Res Staff, rehearsals for my dance group and the Vagina Monologues, the mock classes I'm participating in to help pick the new Creative Writing professor, Multi-Faith stuff... well. I have my work cut out for me, don't I?

Don't get me wrong. It'll get done - "I'll sleep when I'm dead" is a popular saying around here. My overcommittment is also All My Fault; I knew how busy I already was when I signed up for a lot of this (I have, at least, dropped - at least temporarily - archery). I'm not complaining, actually, because I like being busy. We'll see.

That I went to the trouble of making a schedule in Excel, printing it out, and filling it out twice (which I'll do again for the weeks following this one... when I figure out what's happening then) is in and of itself midly worrisome. Clearly my college is rubbing off on me (we tend to be a little bit anal-retentive, we do). I showed said schedules to a friend, who took one glance and started laughing at me. Oh well... you never know, they might help me know what's going on more than a day in advance.

...right?

No comments: