Friday, June 13, 2008

In no particular order: things that I have learned

-Don't take the bus during rush hour.
-I like proofreading.
-Taking dictation can be fun, but keeping good posture for an hour kills your back.
-I don't want to work with picture books.
-I probably don't want to work with young adult books (or - at least - anything shorter than "short novel").
-The editors and proofreaders and the like? They're the ones with the job(s) I want.
-Which means... wait, am I in the right place?
-Food is much cheaper when bought at the public market or independent groceries.
-It's really hard to meet people in cities.
-If ever I submit something for consideration for publishing, make sure it's squeaky-clean (proofreading-wise, I mean) before submitting.
-Also, be willing to make changes. Manuscripts that come out of your ass ready to print... are almost always just manuscripts that come out of your ass.
-This really is an awesome internship.
-I still hate phones.

No comments: