Friday, June 13, 2008

Vancouver, day 13

I was about to make dinner, but then I looked at the clock on the oven (which is an hour off): 8:15. Eight-fifteen... that must mean it's seven-fifteen, right? I thought. I looked at my watch: 9:15! Eep! I guess I spent longer writing letters (I'm living in the wrong century. I should've lived in Austen's time, when they sent letters and notes all the freaking time) than I'd thought. Oh well.

I finally did the mini-cruise thing on the little tiny unstable rainbow-coloured ferry (the rainbow paint job is what sold me). It was actually pretty fun. It wasn't so much fun when we were docked and the ferry kept bobbing up and down and back and forth (I had my eye on the door, ready to leap for safety should the ferry somehow bob off without the captain/driver/person and plotting how to keep my camera and notebook from getting wet should I fall in while doing so - clearly, I have my priorities straight), but the tour itself was nice. I saw the Science Museum from a distance, and am now determined to get out there. Maybe not on a weekend - I bet it'll be a lot quieter during the week, so I'll try to go after work at some point.

Side note: nothing is quite so amusing as a thirty- or forty-something man hitting on me, especially when he looks like a Sims II army reject. I have been trying to dress somewhat more professionally (read: grown-up) for work, and I guess it's working. Why can't it work on somebody my own age?

Highlight of work day: typing up a book manuscript while the author dictated. It was really interesting - we whipped through four chapters in an hour (half the time he'd expected it to take, so he was quite pleased) and will continue next week. I'm already getting a sense for the story's strengths and weaknesses, but it'll be interesting to see (later on) what the publisher and editors think.

Cirque du Soleil is in Vancouver right now. I would love to go, but it's so expensive. Alas! Oh well, next time I'm in - OH HOLY CRAP I JUST CHECKED AND THEY'LL BE IN BOSTON IN SEPTEMBER.

Evil plotting: starting: now!

No comments: