Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Nice Thing about Flatmates

...I went upstairs to check email when I came home today, then back downstairs to make tea. One of my flatmates was cooking, and she turned and said, "oh good, you're alive." A minute later her S.O. (also a flatmate) wandered in, and the first flatmate (man, I need psuedonyms for them or something; I can't even use initals because two of my flatmates are M) said "look, she [meaning me] is alive".

Five minutes after that, yet another flatmate walked through and said, "oh, you're back. We were beginning to wonder. [One of the "M"s] was getting ready to call out a search party."

...they were just kidding around, of course; they were only wondering because I got back late last night (thanks to that class thing) and didn't really see anyone. But - it's kind of nice to have flatmates who notice/care that you're around, yeah?

Now I really am going to go find that ibuprofen and pattern. And think up some code names for my flatmates.

No comments: