Sunday, June 1, 2008

Vancouver, day 1


I suspect that I'm going to be the quiet weird one (again)... partly because, erm, I'm quiet and weird, and partly because I'm not really interested in alcohol. Not that it looks like alcohol will be a problem here, but it is a social thing.

Everybody's really nice, though, and the house is tons nicer than I had expected (or hoped). It sounds like they've had to do a lot of work to get it this nice, but it's paid off. I think the wall colour is hideous (cross between olive and hospital green) but otherwise I'm not complaining.

Actually, it's interesting; I'd gotten the impression that some of the people here (I make six) were rather older. That's not the case, though; at 20 I'm the youngest but the oldest is only 28. Once I settle in I think it could actually be quite nice... also, there's a) a grocery store, b) a bookstore/cafe, and c) a library within walking distance.I start my internship tomorrow, so... crossed fingers! I hope to de-jetlag somewhat by then.

No comments: