Saturday, June 21, 2008

Vancouver, day 21

Three weeks here.

After the morning religion conversation (and ensuing frustration), I took a "controlled wander" down to Kitsilano Beach. On my way there I found a thrift store (some interesting stuff, but massively disorganized) and, oddly, ran into my boss. Should've known - I think he lives about a block from where I was. Strange, though. It's interesting - I see a lot of the same people, day after day.

What was really weird, though, was this: right near Kitsilano Beach - near all of the beautiful sand and ocean and seashells - there's a pool. A fenced-off, concrete-surrounded, clean blue pool. A pool with an ocean view.

Why? No, seriously, what's the point? I mean, granted, you can't swim laps in the ocean (well - you could - it would just take some creativity), but - but - a pool? When you have the whole ocean, right there?

I... I just don't get it.

No comments: