Monday, June 23, 2008

Vancouver, day 23

I dreamed that
a) I was moving in at school (the girl next door was sick, but hey, I had my own bathroom), and
b) Anne Boleyn's head was being cut off.

Not sure what the connection is, but....

Anyway.

Today my boss showed me these notebooks - a dozen or more of them. Some are empty or almost empty (the almost-empty ones are suggestive of a failed attempt at better organization), but at least eight are filled with names, addresses, phone numbers, business cards. I am not sure yet what the organization structure is - if there even is one - but it was kind of cool to flip through these books and read the names of contacts and authors and illustrators and, well, everyone under the sun. All we were looking for was the contact info for the buyer at the New York Public Library (which I found, incidentally, quite quickly - go me!), but it's kind of like there's a whole 'nother world in those notebooks.

...not that I can read more than half the handwriting, but such is life.

Other than that, nothing particularly noteworthy today (although - that crypticness from last week? Looks like that's going somewhere, so... we'll see), unless you count the fact that there's a book launch tomorrow (or maybe that won't be noteworthy 'til tomorrow) and... yeah... actually, that's really about it. Away I go.

No comments: