Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 41: In which I Babble

Loren was in today (look how useful names are!), but because we get along well neither of us got much in the way of work done. I mean, I watered the plants and checked the answering machine and emailed my boss's class and requested photos from every single author and illustrator we've ever contracted with and organized said photos and made some more additions to The List and read more of the upcoming novel - but let's face it, when all is said and done I did most of that between nine-fifteen, when I got in, and ten-oh-six, when Loren got in. Not exactly a hard day's labour.

We've decided that when she comes in next week we'll get real work done and then go out for lunch.

After I ate this afternoon, I wandered around GI for a while, as I had time to kill. I ended up in a weaving shop that also sells yarn - I've walked past it almost every day for the last month, and haven't gone in.

Their yarn, it is pretty. It is oh-so-very pretty. Now I have 350 yards of hand-dyed blue wool (it was a toss-up between that and the green). I don't know yet what I'll make with it, but whatever I do is bound to be lovely, just because the yarn is so nice.

Brian came at three and we worked more on the manuscript we'd started Wednesday. It's coming along, although it feels as though every day my typing skills are different. I managed to keep the mistakes very minimal for the last couple of pages (means less cleaning up later...) by virtue of noting when I made mistakes and fixing them whenever Brian paused. It helped that today he was reading about a sentence at a time, them pausing for me to type madly to catch up, then starting up again. Sometimes he reads slowly but steadily, so that it's easier for me to keep pace but harder to catch typos as I go (when this happens, I try to keep the typos of a type that Word will recognize - if I accidentally type "hell" instead of "help", I'll add "hjk" after it so that there's something obvious enough to earn a squiggly red line).

I did a bit of controlled wandering after work and ended up with an inexpensive dress that was so totally not my style (halter neck, little white hearts all over) that I couldn't resist. It's cute, in a... not-me kind of way.

Tomorrow... who knows? The beach, maybe, though I don't want to take my towel because I just did laundry yesterday... drip-drying is a possibility. On the other hand, if I don't take a towel I can't stretch out and get a good sunburn. Oh, the things one must worry about! Heh.

Note to self: buy sunscreen.

No comments: