Thursday, July 31, 2008

Day 61: Two More Weeks

Well, Kelsey is moving back in as of tonight - Alicia isn't gone until next week (have I written about this? Probably not. Long story), but, you know, rental agreements tend to go through the end of the month. Kelsey's roommate is moving in, too, 'cause the place they found turned out to be not very safe. Let's call the other girl... umm... Brooke.

Tomorrow some editors are supposed to come in and talk about this one manuscript (did I say that that was today? I was wrong). I've read the manuscript and know which parts of it I don't like, but I need to figure out how to fix those things... which I will probably do on the bus tomorrow. It would make considerably more sense to work that out now, since then I could actually look at the manuscript again, but what fun would that be?

Don't look at me that way. I have a good memory for fiction. Sometimes a scary-good memory.

Work was pretty entertaining, really. One of my boss's students came in, so I started in on another manuscript while they talked. Somebody came by with a manuscript, and - oh, I can't explain why it was funny (the interaction, not the manuscript), it just was.

Helpful, I know.

Anyway. I should go see if Alicia's back yet; I need to give her next month's rent...

No comments: