Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 47: Technical errors?

Well, I can't actually view my blog at the moment, so there is a possibility that the last post did not actually post. But hey - I have backup.

I spent some time at work sorting through financial details, thwarted only by the fact that we're out of paper so I can't make any more copies. My boss returns this weekend, but I'll be gone Monday and Tuesday (copyediting/proofreading workshop at SFU), so I've written a note explaining which parts are done and what still needs copying.

There wasn't a whole lot to do after that. I put together a list of all the superintendents in British Columbia and will set about emailing them tomorrow (needed confirmation from my boss that it was fine to do this - I wrote a draft email, so now I just have to tweak it and then copy-paste-send).

...except that I just distracted myself by doing the tweaking, so now it's just copy-paste-send.

Anyway. When I eventually set myself free I went to Kits to check out a craft store that sells yarn, and dithered for a long time before finally picking out yarn (can't tell what, or for whom...). Then I stopped in an outlet store and tried on a cream-coloured silk skirt, which was, as I told the saleslady (she asked), "gorgeous on the hanger but not so gorgeous on me".

But oh! I found these little packets of "instant tea" in one of the Chinese groceries that are so ubiquitous here. The stuff is probably terrible, but that's why I bought it - they were four for a dollar, and there were four different tea flavours, so... one of them claims to be 3-in-1: sugar, tea, and non-dairy creamer all in the same packet (sugar is first on the list of ingredients). I expect that it's the most dreadful of any of them. Heh.

Anyway, I need to go sleeeeep.

No comments: